Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

It's about to get real. Real real.

I want to take a few minutes to talk about being real. I think that I may (most of the time) be one of the most self assured people I know. I don't mean this in a cocky, holier than thou way, just that I tend to be me with no regrets and no apologies. Not that I am out there offending people or stepping on toes either. I just see so many people that try and change themselves to be what others want.


What about what you want? I think it is so important to first start with the person WE think we should be and work on that. I also think that life is way to short to second guess everything. I believe that people should be more honest and tell it like it is. We dance around so many things and so much goes without saying but we waste so much precious time thinking and planning. I am most definitely a do-er.


The more comfortable we are with ourselves the more comfortable we are going to be with those around us. It's all about learning to be comfortable in your own skin, with your own laugh, your own sense of humor, being ok with the fact that you cry at the drop of a hat, knowing that not everyone gets your sarcasm and that's ok, being cranky one minute and giggling uncontrollably the next.


When we catch ourselves overthinking, the un-productive kind, it's time to stop and move on. Not waste another minute. Maybe it's just me but I'm feeling pretty real right about now :)



No comments:

Post a Comment