Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Work It While You Worship

Recently I have started working out. Let me tell you, it feels AMAZING! I throw on the I-Pod and sweat it out on the elliptical, do some weights and I always leave feeling refreshed and good about the 45 minutes I have spent at the gym.


This got me thinking, when was the last time I spent a full 45 minutes with God? I am not talking about church but just one on one in worship and awe of the Creator. I hate to admit this, but it could even be years. If I have time to spend on myself then there is no reason I should not be setting that time aside for my relationship with God as well.


So, the next time I was at the gym I threw on the I-Pod and turned it to worship music. I spent 45 minutes in worship and working on the temple of the Holy Spirit, (my body) as well. I left feeling incredible. Even if some of the music was a little slower it did not slow me down. If anything it gave me a whole new perspective on the reason I want to take care of myself. I encourage anyone reading this to give this a try. If you don't go to the gym you can do this in so many other ways. On your commute to work, while you eat lunch or even do dishes. Make a little time in your day for God, after all, He gave us his LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment