Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Simple Life

The last few days I have been feeling nostalgic for the life that once was. The much simpler life of someone a lot younger and a lot more naïve. I miss living in a small little place that I can't afford to decorate the way I want. I miss the simplicity of not having it all and being ok with it. I miss always buying used.


Over time our lives become so complicated and it feels like we are always reaching, always striving for more. A better job, a nicer car, a bigger house. There is so much peace to be had in being content. My resolution is to be truly content in right where I am right now.


I feel like I am getting there but needed to remind myself. I love cozy, used homes. I love the idea of a not having a car payment and running my car into the ground. I love my little family and want to enjoy the moments we have together by doing things that don't always involve money. I want to spend a day in a park, at home playing games, or cuddled up on the couch. This is a reminder to me to slow down and enjoy these little moments and this little life. To be content in the here and now.


No comments:

Post a Comment